Google
 

Monday, April 02, 2007

Baingan Ka Bartha / Baked Eggplant with Peas

Baingan Ka Bartha /Baked Eggplant with Peas
It has been a long time I updated my blog. Amidst a tight schedule at office and heavy traffic driving me crazy it is easy to get lost in the routine. But cooking is my passion, infact I cook a full fledged meal when I feel low and want to divert my mind in something else. By doing that I feel better, since I love cooking and at the end I can pamper myself with a good meal.

There was a brinjal and some peas leftover in the refrigerator, decided on making baingan ka bartha for dinner and have it with some store bought chappathi. Baingan ka bartha is a very simple dish and can be made easily for the amazing taste. Before baking the eggplant brush it with oil and then place it in the oven for 30 minutes or till the brinjal is soft. I personally feel the tomatoes give a wonderful taste to the dish and I do not skimp on the amount of tomatoes. At times I have seen people even add potatoes along with the brinjal and peas. I followed my recipe from deepa’s blog and it turned out well. I really wish, I also had those soft chappathi’s which deepa has served along with the bartha.

Enjoy baingan ka bartha with roti/chappathi.


Click here Baingan Ka Bartha / Baked Eggplant with Peas Recipe

No comments: