Google
 

Monday, February 12, 2007

Tindora Fry / Dondakaya Fry

Tindora / Gherkin is a wonderful vegetable if known how to cook it properly. I never got introduced to the vegetable during childhood, but learnt the way to prepare this vegetable from few of my kannadiga friends. It can be prepared in a variety of ways and I love it the most when deep or shallow fried and seasoned with coconut and crushed garlic. I followed the recipe of prabha’s , but modified a bit at the last step. Instead of besan flour and rice flour I added paruppu podi or dal powder usually made at home. I also replaced coconut powder with grated coconut , since I did not have any coconut powder at home. Enjoy tindora fry with steamed rice and dal.



Click here for Tindora Fry / Dondakaya Fry Recipe

1 comment:

Dianvin said...

Tindora is not Gerkins
And Gerkins is not Tindora
Surprising !!!

*DIANVINS*
Keviana Food Culture
P O Box 8450
St Thomas Town
BANGALORE 560084
I N D I A